SOTRAFA, 15 years as part of the International Geosynthetics SocietyMarch 01, 2023
SOTRAFA is proud to be an active member of the International Geosynthetics Society (IGS) and has been for the past 15 years.
As a committed member, we have strongly supported social and environmental challenges through the manufacture and supply of our ALVATECH Geomembranes worldwide. Our geomembranes have proven to:
· Contribute significantly to the efficiency of agriculture by ensuring a constant supply of water resource.
· Help in the circularity of resources by preventing pollution and improving water quality and saving water in dams, canals, reservoirs and pipelines.
· Prevent natural disasters, such as floods, landslides and droughts.
· Preserve the quality of our environment through its use in landfill construction, mining and construction projects.
· Carbon footprint reduction.Geomembranes can help reduce the carbon footprint associated with the construction and maintenance of containment structures versus the use of traditional materials.
For SOTRAFA, it is essential to be a member of the International Geosynthetics Society and to contribute to its objectives. This means collaborating in the development of the
science of geosynthetics and their applications, as well as being part of a forum of designers, manufacturers and professionals, where we can exchange new ideas and enhance our contacts.
Being a member of the IGS allows us to be increasingly informed, involved and influential in the field of geotextiles, geomembranes, related products and associated technologies. For us, this is a unique opportunity to keep up with the latest trends and technologies in our field, and to continue to be a leader in the geosynthetics industry.
The IGS is a scientific society dedicated to the science, engineering, and development of geotextiles, geomembranes, related products and associated technologies. Its main purpose is to provide understanding and promote the appropriate use of geosynthetics technology around the world.
The vision of the IGS is for Geosynthetics to be recognised as fundamental to sustainable development by providing technological and engineering solutions to respond to social and environmental challenges.
Find out more about the IGS: https://www.geosyntheticssociety.org/